As consumers and donors to our various causes, we all look to organizational websites to validate and verify that the donations we choose to make are going to best-in-class organizations. The launch of the “.NGO” and “.ONG” extensions has made this choice simple, as these domains will be verified as those of credible NGOs by the Public Interest Registry (PIR).
These TLDs are more important and relevant today than ever before. The global situation underscores the need for organizations and individuals to rise to the occasion and get involved. This TLD it is an apt choice to be able to distinguish the wheat from the chaff for potential donors and philanthropists. This extension can give your customers a wider reach, help them fulfill their noble goals & add value to their registered charitable organization.
You can do your bit by following just these two steps:
- IDENTIFY: Identify potential customers, those who own non-political and non-profit groups and help them build a credible online presence
- EDUCATE: Educate them with what .NGO and .ONG can offer:
- TRUST: Only legally recognized NGOs, ONGs, charities and other non profits can register. Hence, a name with suffix ‘.NGO’ or ‘.ONG’ goes through a validation process and a significant amount of credibility is attached to it
- GLOBAL REACH: It offers global reach as .ngo is offered with .ong as a package; by registering one of the two, you also reserve the same name in the other
- CONNECTIONS: When you register your NGO or ONG, you get added to the OnGood Global Directory which is the Internet’s larder to the largest database of legally recognized and validated NGOs and ONGs worldwide, thus bringing you closer to other organizations and fading the boundaries to helping online internationally
We believe that this will change the way global contributors find and perceive organizations in the near future, and if the organization has an international mission or donor base, look at this as a low-cost, high-impact opportunity.