“Someone can always do your job a little better or faster or cheaper than you can.”- Seth Godin
The marketing guru’s statement echoes the sentiments of the current trends in business. Most webmasters feel growing pains when they need to expand from their existing setup to a larger one. But, the pinch or the impact truly strikes when a competitor offers the same service with better deals and faster speed online. Your competitor has probably moved onto a dedicated server.
A Dedicated Server Brings your Business Up To Speed
Dedicated server hosting usually involves a single computer which is dedicated towards the needs of a particular network. By having a server that is dedicated towards hosting, storing data or even communicating with other computers, businesses have the advantage of space, time and future resources. Here’s a look at the advantages of having a dedicated server.
Dedicated or shared?
Managed dedicated server hosting is practically viable despite being a bit more expensive than shared server hosting. When it comes to the decision-making process for a shared server or a dedicated server, check for factors that will make it easier for your business to propel ahead. We give a detailed run-down of the difference between dedicated and shared servers.
Choosing the one:
Choosing between a dedicated server and a shared server one should be practically easy. In an effort to choose convenience and low cost, most businesses choose to go with shared servers. Yet, despite the cost aspect, there are some definite advantages of having dedicated servers. So, if you are going to choose a dedicated server instead of a shared server, then, look out for these factors to improve your decision-making process. Here’s what need to check out on your server:
- Check the compatibility of the OS in your server. Also, the open source stack involves should be vetted out for Ruby on Rails, Linux or even an Apache/php/mysql server.
- By deciding on the technology stack, you can evaluate the amount of RAM that you need for your architecture.
- To deal with performance issues, its best that you choose a dedicated server such as those offered by recognized server providers like the ones at the ResellerBytes.
- In order to host images, videos or any other multimedia options like flash applications, its best to choose a server that offers the optimal bandwidth and disk space.
- Check for monthly prices and setup costs. Compare the rates for software licensing, upgrades and parts, apart from other management plans and additional services.
Featuring amongst the top of the lists of the best providers of dedicated servers is the ResellerBytes. Compared to relatively good providers like Godaddy.com, ResellerBytes is more popular for the following three reasons:
- Flexibility: ResellerBytes dedicated servers are designed to suit the needs of those involved in web hosting for personal use or for any business.
- Fair prices: If you thought that dedicated server web hosting is expensive business, move away from the other providers and check out the latest offerings from ResellerBytes.
- Reliable and bankable support: When it comes to the close to zero downtime and round the clock support, then it’s time that you ring up the support staff at the ResellerBytes.
As the statistics show, 62% of all websites in Alexa Top 10k by traffic are hosted on Dedicated Servers.
Lastly, the choice of the ideal server is it dedicated or shared should be determined only the conditions those that are unique to your business or personal use. Don’t hesitate to hunt for the ideal distributor of servers that follow the conditions based on your requirements.