We seem to have grown into a world where we want everything in an instant. I bet you won’t spend your time waiting for a web page to spin, sputter and load. Website speed does matter! Fast-loading sites perform better on all fronts: better user experience, higher conversions, more engagement, and it’s not exactly a secret that it also plays a major role in search engine rankings. So, just when you thought you had every ingredient on your website to achieve success, the visitor ends up staring at a blank screen for a couple of seconds instead of seeing your masterpiece.
There are a million and one ways to boost your website’s performance. The methods vary and some are more involved than others. Here are some tips you can use to see immediate results and improvements in the long run:
- Opt for a Reliable Web Host: It’s crucial to choose a reliable web hosting company to ensure that your website remains safe and is accessible all year round. In order for your site to make money, it must be available to visitors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – without interruption. The more quickly a server responds to visitors requests the quicker the web pages download!
- Pick the right Web Hosting Package: It’s imperative to understand the distinctions between shared, and unmanaged dedicated, collocated and managed dedicated hosting so you choose the one that’s right for your business. As the hosting industry has matured, hosting offers have split into a couple of distinct categories, each with its own strengths and weaknesses.
- Choose the perfect Server Location: The physical location of servers can affect the speed at which the hosted websites load. This is important when it comes to local search or search on a mobile device. Using a server located in your home country is generally considered to affect search engine optimization.
- Optimize your images: People are visual, but you should still be selective with what you include on your site. Storing large image files on your site can dramatically slow page load time. If possible, reduce your image sizes and resolutions
- Reduce the number of plugins you use on your site: Too many plugins slow your site, create security issues, and often cause crashes and other technical difficulties. Try selectively disabling plugins, then measuring server performance. This way you can identify any plugins that harm your site speed.
- Enable Browser Cache: When you visit a website, the elements on the page you visit are stored on your hard drive in a cache, or temporary storage, so the next time you visit the site, your browser can load the page without having to send another HTTP request to the server.
- Lessen your HTTP requests: HTTP requests are responsible for summoning the web download of all your page components. If your page contains a ton of elements, you will be sending lots of requests and that will obviously take more time.
- Observe your homepage: Is it too flashy? Try and keep the noise down on your website, especially the home page.
Don’t overlook your site speed. Take some time today to measure your current speed, and if it’s not up to par, start diagnosing the problem! Time is our most valuable asset.
If you have any questions or want to add any more tips on increasing your page load speed please don’t hesitate to use the comment box below.
Some of you can already be acquainted with Big Data, they are essential, huge statistics units that are so big and complicated that it’s miles not possible to control them with outdated software gear. It especially denotes the technologies and tasks concerned in records that are rather various, dynamic, or great for conventional technologies to cope with adequately. Fundamentally, it’s approximately extremely dispensed architectures and parallel processing, with the assist of commodity building blocks to manipulate and analyze the records.
In essence, Big Data pertains to developing facts, storage, recovery and evaluation in phrases of extent, velocity, and variety. It refers to scaling out data architectures so one can address new necessities as a long way as information quantity, speed, or variability are involved. Traditional information architectures are sick acceptable for such requirements.
As records turns into more and more various, complicated, and less established, with each passing day, it’s miles now end up critical to the procedure it quickly. Keeping up with such worrying necessities is tremendously hard for classic and scale-up infrastructures.
New Opportunities for Hosting & Cloud
The Big Data market reached the $6.8 billion mark in 2012 and is set to explode with the aid of almost 40 percent every 12 months. According to IDC (International Data Corporation), the large information market is predicted to reach $23.8 billion mark in 2016. Such an outstanding boom signifies a big opportunity for hosting and cloud provider companies. Today, almost 10 percentage of all the IT costs are distributed in the cloud. This wide variety once more is developing at a completely excessive fee giving service carriers a first-rate possibility to provide Big Data as a service. However, it is able to be difficult to choose the right kind of offerings and technology from the options available.
Big Data for Hosting carriers
Big Data has been one of the most famous IT developments in recent times. It is especially greater relevant to web hosting carriers, who, in impact, can offer organizations with the potential to make the maximum of the big amounts of data available today. Unlike the normal facts sets that are handled using method, Big Data involves storing, retrieving, and analyzing facts units which can be large and complex. The modern-day Big Data strategies are promising and are prepared to free up new insights.
Hosting organizations, consequently, play a completely important and critical function in the huge records storage and evaluation system, in providing that large area in which data is saved. This is usually completed in partnership with software program providers to give you their very own large facts answers. Webhosting businesses and cloud service carriers have an possibility to benefit the most from the increasing $a hundred billion global marketplace. This is the right time to benefit and the proper location to make the maximum of the effective rising fashion inside the generation international.
However, for any website hosting provider growing and launching a big information answer can be a touch hard, particularly for a small time company with no or restrained resources.
Luckily, developing with an effective huge records solution, for a website hosting issuer, want not be very hard. It is all about placing the proper pieces together to expand a set of assets and tools to correctly meet clients’ statistics garage requirements.
We’re retaining tabs at the present day market trends, and you can count on greater in this for Cloud and Big Data Hosting in 2016. We recently introduced Managed and Dedicated Servers for excessive volumes of facts; if you require Hosting for Big Data processing on our modern-day infrastructure, you could install Hadoop on our Dedicated Servers. Stay tuned for extra updates on our upcoming launches for better processing power, Cloud, and Big Data Hosting!
Virtual Private Servers (VPS), the term virtualization has created a lot of buzzes. However, at the same time, it is still not very clear what it really is and what it entails. In this blog post, I’ll be covering the basics of What Server Virtualization is, its types and the Pros and Cons for the same, to help you leverage the best of it.
Before we move on to Server Virtualization, let’s have a look at what Virtualization in general means.
Virtualization refers to the act of creating a virtual version of something, including virtual computer hardware platforms, storage devices, and computer network resources. In simple words, it refers to running more than one Operating System on a single physical hardware. An easy example to understand this is, partitioning a single hard drive into two hard drives. This way there are ‘virtually’ two hard drives but in reality, there is only one.
What is Server Virtualization
Server Virtualization as the name suggests involves ‘servers’. In this a physical server is partitioned into several smaller virtual servers, enabling the server to utilize its resources to the maximum. Here, the server resources are isolated (hidden) from other users in the virtual environment. These virtual environments are known as Virtual Private Servers/Virtual Machines, that in turn act as exclusive physical devices. The software used to partition the server is known as a Hypervisor.
Why use Server Virtualization
Virtualization is an ideal solution for small to mid resource usage applications. Some of the reasons to use server virtualization are:
- Virtualization helps in preserving space, as several resources share the same physical space owing to the partition. This also helps in effective resource management.
- Virtual Servers offer users the privilege of the dedicated server but at a less price. This is helpful in case of small and medium-sized businesses that do not require the whole dedicated infrastructure and resources.
- Backing up of data is simple thereby preventing data loss.
Although there are several reasons to choose Server Virtualization, choosing the right technology too is equally important. There are two widely used types namely, KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) and Virtuozzo.
KVM stands for Kernel-based Virtual Machine, it is a Virtual Private Server primarily for Linux OS though it does support Windows, BSD and Solaris OS’s as guests. KVM is virtualization in the true sense as VPS operates as its own server, not dependent on the host node. It is open source and hardware-based virtualization.
Virtuozzo, on the other hand, is not a free and open source software program. Virtuozzo is container-based and comes with a proprietary Kernel Service Abstraction Layer (KSAL) that manages access to the kernel and prevents any single VPS from bringing the entire physical server down. Also, it addresses virtualization by running a single OS kernel as its core.
Pros and Cons of KVM and Virtuozzo
Even though both KVM and Virtuozzo are popular virtualization software, each has its set of Pros and Cons that end up being the deciding factor. Here is a list of the Pros and Cons of each:
Pros of KVM:
- Being open source, KVM is priced relatively lower.
- As the base of KVM is Linux, the security is enhanced.
Cons of KVM:
- One of the major disadvantages of using KVM is the complexity of the setup and it requires adequate networking knowledge.
- KVM virtualization is available only to certain limited processes and lacks manageability features.
Pros of Virtuozzo:
- Server resources are utilized efficiently.
- Has a web-based GUI Panel. Also, it is an independent platform and, can be used with both Linux and Windows.
Cons of Virtuozzo:
- As RAM is shared, there is always a shortage of RAM. This may lead to the killing of a process to compensate the lack of RAM.
- Sharing of resources isn’t that great.
Server Virtualization is growing and will continue to grow with the advances in technology. If you want full control over your server, then KVM should be your choice. On the other hand, if you have no major requirements, then Virtuozzo is far more affordable than KVM. Eventually what you as a user choose to invest on is personally your choice depending on your usage.
If you have any more points based on your experience, we would love to hear them in the comments below.
As a website owner, the security of your website is of utmost importance. An SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate ensures and authenticates a website by encrypting the data within your website’s network basically your computer and the end destination server.
OpenSSL is a powerful toolkit for Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) and licensed under an Apache-style license. SSL widely known as Secure Socket Layer is the security protocol that encrypts the links between your web server and browser, securing it. To create the SSL connection your web servers needs an activated SSL certificate. and, you can easily install it. Typically once you activate your SSL certificate, ‘HTTP’ changes to ‘HTTPS’ in the URL, securing your website.
In this post, I’ll be covering how you can enable SSL on your cPanel using WHM.
To install SSL on your cPanel when you have root access to your server (Dedicated Hosting and VPS Hosting) you need to follow the following steps,
1. Login to your WHM root account and select SSL/TLS which is available to the cPanel users
2. Next step would be to generate the SSL Certificate, private key and CSR (Certificate Signing Requests), the Private Key is set to 2048 bits as it is the recommended size.
3. Once the certificate is generated, a copy of it will be sent to you via email too. To activate the certificate you need to install it. You can either paste the certificate or browse it and upload it automatically.
4. Reload your website to check if the certificate is installed. If it is, you’ll see https instead of http in your url.
Enabling SSL on cPanel using WHM full root access is a simple process and enabling it assures your customers that both your website and business are secure as well as genuine.
Cloud website hosting is transforming now not just the hosting industry but creating waves across the world however, does this suggest you must circulate from Dedicated hosting to the cloud? What are a few essential stuff you need to consider of each earlier than making this selection? The cloud has its own advantages over committed web hosting in a few cases:
- Price: Dedicated web hosting requires a heavier down payment and requires a crew of trained professionals to handle. Cloud companies offer a ‘pay as you move’ or ‘pay for what you use’ price policy which is right for agencies who dynamically enlarge and contract relying on the scenario and need or seasonal site visitors, releasing agencies from a long-term contract required by using committed hardware web hosting vendors.
- Hardware: Cloud allows you to crunch massive data and deploy several virtual machines without in reality the use of huge quantities of hardware.
- Scalability: If you’re a retail logo selling umbrellas and raincoats, your enterprise will see a spike in income throughout the monsoon months and for the duration of the ‘dry’ months, very little sales. Cloud automates your bandwidth requirement and auto-scales without hassles.
- Technology developments: Technology developments including BYOD, Gamification, Big Data Analytics, PaaS, Hybrid Cloud, DaaS are at a preliminary development level. If you’re trying to implement those brand new technology on your enterprise you may need cloud infrastructure to put into effect it.
- APIs: Cloud enables a few APIs to launch digital machines, screen resources, and virtual gadget output and generate overall performance reports without conventional hardware, community control systems and data centers. Most cloud servers offer strong APIs with info to supervisor assets strolling within the cloud.
On the other hand, committed website hosting also has the following advantages over the cloud. If you do determine to go along with cloud website hosting, right here are a number of the blessings you would possibly omit out on:
- Stable environment: Dedicated website hosting is greater steady and gives the capacity to construct sturdy server times for larger computing needs than cloud. You can preserve massive databases and excessive performance computing environments for your business needs. Dedicated hosting offers predictable, solid performance with higher security.
- Customization & Control: Dedicated servers will let you customize your plans in line with your needs not like cloud website hosting. Not simply that. With devoted hosting, YOU are in control as you’re the administrator which is not the case in cloud website hosting.
- Economics: While ‘pay as you go’ may additionally appear good value within the present, within the destiny, the summation of the fees may be equal or from time to time even extra than the cost of a committed website hosting package.
- No shared resources: Dedicated servers ensure all the resources are on your business alone without sharing with different clients. Cloud hosting then again offers you get entry to a portion of the virtual gadget is shared with several different customers.
Hopefully, you could make a more knowledgeable choice in case you’re thinking about both the cloud or dedicated web hosting. Choosing the right one for you depends on the character of your commercial enterprise, your price range, and your unique desires. At ResellerBytes, we’re searching at supplying cloud web hosting quickly but for the time-being, do take a look at out our plans on committed hosting right here.
“Someone can always do your job a little better or faster or cheaper than you can.”- Seth Godin
The marketing guru’s statement echoes the sentiments of the current trends in business. Most webmasters feel growing pains when they need to expand from their existing setup to a larger one. But, the pinch or the impact truly strikes when a competitor offers the same service with better deals and faster speed online. Your competitor has probably moved onto a dedicated server.
A Dedicated Server Brings your Business Up To Speed
Dedicated server hosting usually involves a single computer which is dedicated towards the needs of a particular network. By having a server that is dedicated towards hosting, storing data or even communicating with other computers, businesses have the advantage of space, time and future resources. Here’s a look at the advantages of having a dedicated server.
Dedicated or shared?
Managed dedicated server hosting is practically viable despite being a bit more expensive than shared server hosting. When it comes to the decision-making process for a shared server or a dedicated server, check for factors that will make it easier for your business to propel ahead. We give a detailed run-down of the difference between dedicated and shared servers.
Choosing the one:
Choosing between a dedicated server and a shared server one should be practically easy. In an effort to choose convenience and low cost, most businesses choose to go with shared servers. Yet, despite the cost aspect, there are some definite advantages of having dedicated servers. So, if you are going to choose a dedicated server instead of a shared server, then, look out for these factors to improve your decision-making process. Here’s what need to check out on your server:
- Check the compatibility of the OS in your server. Also, the open source stack involves should be vetted out for Ruby on Rails, Linux or even an Apache/php/mysql server.
- By deciding on the technology stack, you can evaluate the amount of RAM that you need for your architecture.
- To deal with performance issues, its best that you choose a dedicated server such as those offered by recognized server providers like the ones at the ResellerBytes.
- In order to host images, videos or any other multimedia options like flash applications, its best to choose a server that offers the optimal bandwidth and disk space.
- Check for monthly prices and setup costs. Compare the rates for software licensing, upgrades and parts, apart from other management plans and additional services.
Featuring amongst the top of the lists of the best providers of dedicated servers is the ResellerBytes. Compared to relatively good providers like Godaddy.com, ResellerBytes is more popular for the following three reasons:
- Flexibility: ResellerBytes dedicated servers are designed to suit the needs of those involved in web hosting for personal use or for any business.
- Fair prices: If you thought that dedicated server web hosting is expensive business, move away from the other providers and check out the latest offerings from ResellerBytes.
- Reliable and bankable support: When it comes to the close to zero downtime and round the clock support, then it’s time that you ring up the support staff at the ResellerBytes.
As the statistics show, 62% of all websites in Alexa Top 10k by traffic are hosted on Dedicated Servers.
Lastly, the choice of the ideal server is it dedicated or shared should be determined only the conditions those that are unique to your business or personal use. Don’t hesitate to hunt for the ideal distributor of servers that follow the conditions based on your requirements.
Migrating Sites or Web Hosting Packages to a new provider can be a daunting task. Over the years, we’ve seen countless instances of clients sticking with their hosts despite constant difficulties and we’ve come to understand the worry that migration brings.
However, it doesn’t have to be that difficult! To help Customers/Resellers ease their migration worries, we’ve recently launched a free, 3-step Migration Process to migrate websites from other hosts using cPanel. In this post, we’ll explore a little about the difficulties faced with cPanel Migration and how to migrate your hosting to ResellerBytes!
CPanel Migration – What to look out for:
While the cPanel migration process is pretty straightforward, there are certain pain points in this process. For instance:
- In the case of Reseller Hosting packages, without the WHM backup option the migration process is tedious with users having to backup & restore each account separately. Having the WHM backup option enabled solves this problem but a majority of hosts don’t provide this option in order to minimize server load.
- When migrating Shared Hosting packages another issue users face is while they can generate a full website backup they would have to restore various sections of their site separately.
- Also, the entire process is time consuming especially for users with a large number of packages or accounts.
With our migration process, we’ve tried to eliminate these issues and offer a seamless experience to users.
How to migrate your Hosting packages to us:
If you’re looking at migrating your Hosting packages to us, there’s absolutely nothing you need to do!
After considering the feedback of a number of our Hosting Resellers, we’ve created an easy, 3 step migration process that is handled completely by us. All you have to do is contact us and we’ll get in touch with you for more details. Our Hosting specialists will then migrate your Hosting packages over to ResellerBytes.
Here’s what our migration process includes:
- Complete Content Migration i.e. all site files, databases & emails
- Domain Transfer assistance
- Assistance with DNS Modifications
- Constant updates from your dedicated Account Manager
- Complete Migration in 24-48 hours (subject to number of accounts as well as size of each account)
There are a few terms and conditions that you’ll have to keep in mind before you migrate your packages to us. These include:
- We’ll only be able to complete cPanel to cPanel migration requests.
- For Reseller Hosting, we will only be able to migrate packages with a maximum of 30 Accounts under it. However, there is no limit on the number of packages that can be migrated.
- Packages with more than 30 Accounts will be charged based on the number of accounts that need to be migrated.
- cPanel Accounts with data above 4 GB will not be migrated.
- If you’re looking at migrating into our Multi-Domain Shared Hosting packages, all add-on Domains should belong to one Customer only.
That’s everything you need to know about migrating your hosting over to ResellerBytes! We’re already seeing a phenomenal response for this service and I hope you make the most of it as well.
If you’d like to try out our Migration service, all you need to do is click on the button below, fill in your details and leave the rest to us!
If you’ve already tried our new migration process, we’d love your feedback! Do let us know what you liked (and didn’t) in the comments below.
Earlier we only had Virtuozzo virtual private servers on the ResellerBytes platform. We promised you a range of A-grade products for 2017 and we have delivered (yes of course, there’s more to come!). KVM VPS is now Live! Yes, that’s right, we’re proud to announce Kernel-based Virtual Machine VPS as a new addition to the ResellerBytes platform! If you’re looking for Virtuozzo servers, they continue to exist. You can refer to our plans and prices over here
What is KVM?
Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) is a virtualization infrastructure for the Linux kernel that turns it into a hypervisor. It was merged into the Linux kernel mainline in kernel version 2.6.20, which was released on February 5, 2007.
- Enhanced Cpanel – You get the highly acclaimed ‘enhanced cPanel interface’ that comes with every VPS configuration. It features everything you need to deliver
- Power & Performance – The hypervisor that I had mentioned above is basically a program that allows multiple operating systems to share a single hardware host. With KVM, we offer VPS that is both powerful and easy to use, and by building our servers with state-of-the-art components, we unlock truly breakthrough speed
- Cloud Technology – Our KVM VPS is built on tried and tested Cloud Technology to offer increased power, flexibility & control. You just can’t go wrong with our cutting-edge infrastructure backed by robust and scalable architecture
- Root access – If you’re an advanced user, our enhanced cPanel control panel offers full access to CentOS, giving you complete control of your server
- Instant Provisioning – You will get your server up and running in seconds! Whereas most VPS solutions take hours or days to be activated, our VPS servers are designed to be provisioned immediately. This way, your server is ready, right when you need it.
- Managed Services & Support – We offer world class support for issues pertaining to container boot, network, hardware, VPS deployment. We also offer support for setup and re-installation of VPS, Core OS updates and patches, reverse DNS setup and Initial installation and basic firewall setup
What is the difference between KVM and Virtuozzo?
- With KVM, you can set maximum and minimum values to your resources, providing you to use only the resources that your applications need.
- Although Virtuozzo is more affordable, KVM comes with privatized virtual hardware including network card, graphics adapter, disk, and guaranteed resources for reliability and customizability.
KVM can also be oversold, but it’s better isolated.
- KVM’s resilient infrastructure and quick activation make it extremely reliable. Have a look at the table below too see our plans:
Plans & Pricing
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB||8 GB|
|Disk Space||30 GB||60 GB||120 GB||240 GB|
|Bandwidth||1 TB||4 TB||6 TB||8 TB|
(promos 1st month)