As a web host, we are always engaged in ways to improve your experience in using your hosting orders. As many of you may know, we offer Plesk control panel on our Windows hosting to help you manage your websites and your hosting package efficiently. The latest version of Plesk, Onyx represents a generational change that enables you to make the most of your hosting and we’re happy to announce that we have upgraded our Plesk installations to this edition. Let us have a look at what Plesk Onyx is and the features this update has to offer.
What is Plesk Onyx?
Our Windows Web Hosting products namely Windows Shared Hosting, Windows Reseller Hosting and Dedicated Windows use Plesk as the control panel. Earlier we used Odin Plesk (Parallels Plesk) and as of 15th October 2017, we have migrated to the latest version of Plesk, Plesk Onyx 17.5.
Plesk Onyx simplifies the website management as well as provides a good infrastructure and security by automating several server related tasks. These latest upgradations will benefit a lot of our customers both existing and new.
NewRUpdated Features on Windows Hosting
This upgrade to Plesk Onyx means you can now enjoy several advantages on ResellerBytes Windows Hosting products. Here’s a list of these features are, namely:
New and more intuitive Panel interface
supported for PHP are (5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6,7.0 and 7.1), ASP.NET 4.5 and MVC 5
WordPress Toolkit 2.0enables users to easily install, configure and manage WordPress. With this toolkit you as users can:
- Create a perfect copy of your WordPress website in a matter of seconds
- Copy changes made to the files and the database from one WordPress website to another
- Effortlessly import WordPress websites hosted elsewhere into Plesk and manage them using WordPress Toolkit
- Easy to stay up-to-date by configuring WordPress Toolkit to automatically install all WordPress updates, security updates only, or no updates at all
- If your WordPress website is not yet ready for the prime time, make it invisible to search engines by disabling indexing and much more
Better Security: Plesk Onyx comes with a series of security improvements helping you to harden your server.
- Integrated Mod Security
- Integrated ServerShield by CloudFlare
- Daily scans for malware detection
Users can get a free certificate for their domain from the Let’s Encrypt Certificate Authority and can install this certificate to secure your domain, webmail and a “www” subdomain for the domain and each selected alias
- Faster performance and better application pool management
- Database Management: Users can download and upload database dumps in native format using the Plesk interface
- Support for incremental backups. An incremental backup, as compared to a full one, takes up much less disk space and finishes much faster
New and improved E-mail features:
- Enhanced performance with Mailenable Pro
- EHLO Blocking
- Real-Time IP Abuse Blocking/Unblocking
- Fully Indexed Webmail Search
- ClamAV Antivirus Scanner
- Mobile Webmail
- POP retrieval to pull messages from remote POP mail accounts
- DKIM, DMARC, SPF, SRS support: Email spam protection
- Additional security with SSL/TLS
Amazing new Log Browser:
With the new Log Browser, users can save selected logs for future use and even add custom logs
The new and improved Plesk Onyx is sure to enhance your Windows Shared Hosting experience, do write to us in the comments below and share your experience of the dashboard. If you haven’t yet tried ResellerBytes’ Windows hosting products you can check them here,
Also, what do you think about the Windows variant of Cloud Hosting? Windows Cloud Hosting will provide – 2x faster performance, instant scalability of RAM/CPU Cores and higher memory availability. Do let us know your views on the same with your comments.