VPS (Virtual Private Server) Internet hosting service provides great value for money. As a Reseller, you can sell VPS Hosting services to your customers who require Root Access, scalability, and security or you could use it for your hosting business! VPS hosting gives you more control over the environment as compared to Shared Hosting. Even if the system resources allocated in the VPS is not needed for your application, the control it gives you is worth the expense.
For people who want to use a dedicated hosting but are not sure about the technicalities, VPS hosting is a good option to start with. You may use it to increase your skill set without having to put so much money upfront. You can check out ResellerBytes VPS Hosting plans that offers state of the art infrastructure and high grades of reliability.
Advantages of VPS Hosting:
As with all types of web hosting, there are pros and cons where each is designed to suit specific requirements. Mostly, a Virtual Private Server offers many advantages to hosting your site compared to disadvantages.
- Root Access: You can have root access along with the ability to use scripts which are typically not allowed in the shared hosting environment. Root access is a shared advantage with Dedicated Web servers. However, considering that a VPS is available at the cost of Shared hosting these days, this is definitely worth going for.
- Scalability: Virtual Personal servers can scale up or down on demand. One can start off with very limited resources and then gradually enhance your hosting plan according to your needs. You do not have to buy out excessive resources that you may not need. Depending on your VPS hosting provider, you may choose to add extra resources without any restoration time.
- Security: Since VPS packages operate in containers, they are much less vulnerable to uptime issues caused by malicious code, abuse or load fluctuation on other packages which share the same server. This gives VPS a clear advantage over Shared Hosting packages.
- Cost Savings: A VPS hosting account is less expensive than a fully dedicated hosting plan that uses a physical server. Virtual Personal Web servers are separated virtual machines, on only one server. Since it lies between shared and dedicated hosting, it is convenient and affordable in comparison to dedicated hosting. As several VPS can be provisioned within one server, it decreases the costs of implementation for suppliers which is why they are priced lower than dedicated Web Servers. Therefore, anyone wishing to upgrade from Shared Hosting to fulfill their need for more resources, or looking for a downgrade from dedicated servers while retaining root access can opt for VPS hosting.
- Flexibility: VPS hosting gives you better control over your virtual server as compared to shared hosting. The technical support for most issues is similar to that of shared hosting. Most VPS plans can be tailor-made to suit your specific business requirements. This ensures that you pay only what you want and that you don’t have to deal with resources you will never need.
As VPS Hosting lies in between the categories of Shared Hosting or Dedicated Hosting, here are a few of its implications:
- One major disadvantage as far as finances are concerned is that it is relatively expensive when compared to Shared Hosting.
- The features and resources are limited when compared to Dedicated Hosting.
- Due to over-selling, some providers offer VPS hosting but may not allocate the resources as promised, which further causes problems if a particular site starts utilizing their resources at peak levels. Hence it’s very important to opt for reliable VPS Hosting providers like us, to successfully run your website/business.
Our VPS Hosting plans feature CentOS, Redundant SAN Architecture and Add-on options like cPanel and Plesk. Our servers are protected by the most stringent and resilient security processes in the business. Advanced security systems are employed to protect your mission-critical operations! For more information visit our VPS Hosting page.
Do leave your thoughts in a comment below!