As you’ll find, most Hosting providers don’t provide Root Access with Reseller Hosting packages. While this is a common practice in the Industry there are certain functions which require root access that a user may need to conduct frequently. One such function is changing a site’s IP.
To be able to let our users perform this function on their own, we’ve built a custom plugin with our WHM implementation that allows them to easily change their site’s IP from their WHM panel.
Here’s a step by step guide on how you can do this:
- Login to your ResellerBytes’ control panel & navigate to the order view of your Linux Reseller Hosting package
- Once there, access your WHM account. This will automatically log you in to your WHM panel. Alternatively you can login directly to your WHM account using the URL yourdomainname/whm
- In your WHM panel, scroll down to the plugins section and click on ‘Change Site’s IP’
- Thereafter, you can select the account for which you want to change IP, select from the available IPs and click on Change IP.
- You’ve now successfully changed the IP!
I hope this web hosting tip helped ? If you have any questions about this or need any help with our Hosting products, do comment below.
Viruses, worms and other malicious entities are usually evolving to conquer the contemporary defenses that machine architects and protection businesses can devise. Hence, it is a good exercise to be prepared and ClamAV antivirus is the fine preference, with it being to be had on our cPanel Servers.
What is ClamAV?
ClamAV is an open source antivirus software program used as an internet and mail scanner protecting the laptop from malicious viruses imparting security. It helps multiple file codecs, signature languages and also consists of a multi-threaded scanner daemon. ClamAV is a cross-platform antivirus software program assisting running structures like Windows, Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X.
Features of ClamAV
Some of the capabilities of ClamAV encompass the subsequent:
- It is a command line scanner with superior gear
- Is able to stumble on over 1 million viruses, trojans, worms, mobile malware amongst others.
- Has integrated help for almost all mail document codecs
- Supports special document formats like HTML, RTF, PDF, TNEF and others
Has a complicated database updater helping scripted updates, digital signatures and DNS based database model queries
- Scans inside documents and compressed files and helps report formats like ZIP, RAR, 7Zip, ARJ, Tar, CPIO, Gzip, Bzip2, DMG, IMG and others
How to install ClamAV on Linux?
Now that we’ve seen the functions of ClamAV, allow us to see the way to installation ClamAV on Linux. For your advantage, we’ll be installing ClamAV on Linux Server as well as a standalone personal pc.
We are going to put in ClamAV on Linux cPanel in WHM with full root get right of entry to
Step I: Login to your WHM panel as a root user
Step II: Now Click at the cPanel icon and pick Manage Plugins.
Step III: Select ClamAV and click on on ‘Install ClamAV’
Step IV: Your server is now secured with the state-of-the-art updated ClamAV anti-virus.
For installing ClamAV on a standalone PC with Linux Operating System comply with the under steps.
Step 1: Open the terminal and sort in the following command. This command installs ClamAV and clamscam, the command-line scanner.
sudo apt-get deploy clamav
Step 2: Since ClamAV is a command line tool, strolling it is able to be a trouble. For that functions, putting in a GUI device is a better choice. ClamTk is a GUI front-give up device for ClamAV the use of perl-Gtk2. It may be discovered within the Software Center or can be mounted manually. Below is the command for manual installation.
sudo apt-get deploy clamtk
How to use ClamAV?
Once you’ve set up ClamAV on Linux, it’s time to apply it. There are a few commands that may be run in clamscan. For instance,
-h, -help: This is for printing assist information and exit.
ResellerBytes shared web hosting products come with ClamAV pre-mounted so you get the excellent in magnificence safety from viruses and other threats. If you have got purchased servers with root get entry to, you could setup ClamAV as special above and experience sturdy safety with your web hosting.
As a website owner, the security of your website is of utmost importance. An SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate ensures and authenticates a website by encrypting the data within your website’s network basically your computer and the end destination server.
OpenSSL is a powerful toolkit for Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) and licensed under an Apache-style license. SSL widely known as Secure Socket Layer is the security protocol that encrypts the links between your web server and browser, securing it. To create the SSL connection your web servers needs an activated SSL certificate. and, you can easily install it. Typically once you activate your SSL certificate, ‘HTTP’ changes to ‘HTTPS’ in the URL, securing your website.
In this post, I’ll be covering how you can enable SSL on your cPanel using WHM.
To install SSL on your cPanel when you have root access to your server (Dedicated Hosting and VPS Hosting) you need to follow the following steps,
1. Login to your WHM root account and select SSL/TLS which is available to the cPanel users
2. Next step would be to generate the SSL Certificate, private key and CSR (Certificate Signing Requests), the Private Key is set to 2048 bits as it is the recommended size.
3. Once the certificate is generated, a copy of it will be sent to you via email too. To activate the certificate you need to install it. You can either paste the certificate or browse it and upload it automatically.
4. Reload your website to check if the certificate is installed. If it is, you’ll see https instead of http in your url.
Enabling SSL on cPanel using WHM full root access is a simple process and enabling it assures your customers that both your website and business are secure as well as genuine.
Reseller Hosting is great if you’re a web developer, designer or just looking to start your own hosting business.
Here’s an infographic with 7 great reasons why Reseller Hosting is a wise, profitable choice.
At ResellerBytes, you can get any reseller hosting plan at just $8.99 as part of our May Hosting Fever promotions!
Loved the infographic? Comment & tell us your thoughts!
Migrating Sites or Web Hosting Packages to a new provider can be a daunting task. Over the years, we’ve seen countless instances of clients sticking with their hosts despite constant difficulties and we’ve come to understand the worry that migration brings.
However, it doesn’t have to be that difficult! To help Customers/Resellers ease their migration worries, we’ve recently launched a free, 3-step Migration Process to migrate websites from other hosts using cPanel. In this post, we’ll explore a little about the difficulties faced with cPanel Migration and how to migrate your hosting to ResellerBytes!
CPanel Migration – What to look out for:
While the cPanel migration process is pretty straightforward, there are certain pain points in this process. For instance:
- In the case of Reseller Hosting packages, without the WHM backup option the migration process is tedious with users having to backup & restore each account separately. Having the WHM backup option enabled solves this problem but a majority of hosts don’t provide this option in order to minimize server load.
- When migrating Shared Hosting packages another issue users face is while they can generate a full website backup they would have to restore various sections of their site separately.
- Also, the entire process is time consuming especially for users with a large number of packages or accounts.
With our migration process, we’ve tried to eliminate these issues and offer a seamless experience to users.
How to migrate your Hosting packages to us:
If you’re looking at migrating your Hosting packages to us, there’s absolutely nothing you need to do!
After considering the feedback of a number of our Hosting Resellers, we’ve created an easy, 3 step migration process that is handled completely by us. All you have to do is contact us and we’ll get in touch with you for more details. Our Hosting specialists will then migrate your Hosting packages over to ResellerBytes.
Here’s what our migration process includes:
- Complete Content Migration i.e. all site files, databases & emails
- Domain Transfer assistance
- Assistance with DNS Modifications
- Constant updates from your dedicated Account Manager
- Complete Migration in 24-48 hours (subject to number of accounts as well as size of each account)
There are a few terms and conditions that you’ll have to keep in mind before you migrate your packages to us. These include:
- We’ll only be able to complete cPanel to cPanel migration requests.
- For Reseller Hosting, we will only be able to migrate packages with a maximum of 30 Accounts under it. However, there is no limit on the number of packages that can be migrated.
- Packages with more than 30 Accounts will be charged based on the number of accounts that need to be migrated.
- cPanel Accounts with data above 4 GB will not be migrated.
- If you’re looking at migrating into our Multi-Domain Shared Hosting packages, all add-on Domains should belong to one Customer only.
That’s everything you need to know about migrating your hosting over to ResellerBytes! We’re already seeing a phenomenal response for this service and I hope you make the most of it as well.
If you’d like to try out our Migration service, all you need to do is click on the button below, fill in your details and leave the rest to us!
If you’ve already tried our new migration process, we’d love your feedback! Do let us know what you liked (and didn’t) in the comments below.