As you’ll find, most Hosting providers don’t provide Root Access with Reseller Hosting packages. While this is a common practice in the Industry there are certain functions which require root access that a user may need to conduct frequently. One such function is changing a site’s IP.
To be able to let our users perform this function on their own, we’ve built a custom plugin with our WHM implementation that allows them to easily change their site’s IP from their WHM panel.
Here’s a step by step guide on how you can do this:
- Login to your ResellerBytes’ control panel & navigate to the order view of your Linux Reseller Hosting package
- Once there, access your WHM account. This will automatically log you in to your WHM panel. Alternatively you can login directly to your WHM account using the URL yourdomainname/whm
- In your WHM panel, scroll down to the plugins section and click on ‘Change Site’s IP’
- Thereafter, you can select the account for which you want to change IP, select from the available IPs and click on Change IP.
- You’ve now successfully changed the IP!
I hope this web hosting tip helped ? If you have any questions about this or need any help with our Hosting products, do comment below.
If you’re looking to make some money online, the reselling business is a great option with reseller hosting being the best place to start. Once you’ve purchased web space, there’s always the scope for making profits. Here’s how you can make your profits:
Product: To start off, pick a reseller hosting package that gives you sufficient disk space and bandwidth. Then, offer your customers products and packages that fit their requirements. Offer additional features and benefits like customer support, security certificates etc. to your customers as add-ons. ResellerBytes support provides 24×7 support so your customers are attended to swiftly to resolve issues.
Pricing: While choosing a price to set, make sure to set a price profitable to you as well as attractive to your customers. Setting a price too high may force your customers to turn to your competition. Make sure you set a stable, clear price, without hidden charges. While you choose a reseller hosting package, pick one that gives you a good profit margin. ResellerBytes offers stable prices and the best in the market so you can sell a good volume of hosting by providing highly competitive prices to your customers. We currently have some great promos that you can check out here.
Promotions: A great way to make money is by offering discounts. Now, while that may sound contradictory, it might, in fact, boost your sales. Offering products at lower prices means your customers can buy more of your products. It also means they are more likely to recommend you to others looking for great deals and good service. Try and offer discounts during festivals, celebrations or milestones. Also, offers are a good way to thank your customers for their loyalty to you. In addition to promotions, make sure you advertise your brand well online as well as offline. Start with a newspaper ad or a newsletter and move your marketing campaign on social media, blogs, and text link ads.
Network: This is an absolute necessity and often, costs nothing at all. Events by registrars, registries, IT companies are a great place to meet like-minded people and potential customers. Online forums are also a hub for networking. Try and find unpopulated forums or groups that haven’t already been tackled by other resellers. A good idea is to start looking for websites similar to your own. In all probability, there will be hundreds of interested clients if you’ve got a good deal going.
Customer Satisfaction: Always make sure your customers are being heard and answered. Whether on social media or elsewhere, your customers will appreciate an acknowledgment and a quick response from you. This could go a long way in building a strong customer base and getting the word across to other potential customers.
Get your hosting business on the road and follow these tips to get your business on the way. If you’ve got more tips, do share it with us in the comments section below.
VPS (Virtual Private Server) Internet hosting service provides great value for money. As a Reseller, you can sell VPS Hosting services to your customers who require Root Access, scalability, and security or you could use it for your hosting business! VPS hosting gives you more control over the environment as compared to Shared Hosting. Even if the system resources allocated in the VPS is not needed for your application, the control it gives you is worth the expense.
For people who want to use a dedicated hosting but are not sure about the technicalities, VPS hosting is a good option to start with. You may use it to increase your skill set without having to put so much money upfront. You can check out ResellerBytes VPS Hosting plans that offers state of the art infrastructure and high grades of reliability.
Advantages of VPS Hosting:
As with all types of web hosting, there are pros and cons where each is designed to suit specific requirements. Mostly, a Virtual Private Server offers many advantages to hosting your site compared to disadvantages.
- Root Access: You can have root access along with the ability to use scripts which are typically not allowed in the shared hosting environment. Root access is a shared advantage with Dedicated Web servers. However, considering that a VPS is available at the cost of Shared hosting these days, this is definitely worth going for.
- Scalability: Virtual Personal servers can scale up or down on demand. One can start off with very limited resources and then gradually enhance your hosting plan according to your needs. You do not have to buy out excessive resources that you may not need. Depending on your VPS hosting provider, you may choose to add extra resources without any restoration time.
- Security: Since VPS packages operate in containers, they are much less vulnerable to uptime issues caused by malicious code, abuse or load fluctuation on other packages which share the same server. This gives VPS a clear advantage over Shared Hosting packages.
- Cost Savings: A VPS hosting account is less expensive than a fully dedicated hosting plan that uses a physical server. Virtual Personal Web servers are separated virtual machines, on only one server. Since it lies between shared and dedicated hosting, it is convenient and affordable in comparison to dedicated hosting. As several VPS can be provisioned within one server, it decreases the costs of implementation for suppliers which is why they are priced lower than dedicated Web Servers. Therefore, anyone wishing to upgrade from Shared Hosting to fulfill their need for more resources, or looking for a downgrade from dedicated servers while retaining root access can opt for VPS hosting.
- Flexibility: VPS hosting gives you better control over your virtual server as compared to shared hosting. The technical support for most issues is similar to that of shared hosting. Most VPS plans can be tailor-made to suit your specific business requirements. This ensures that you pay only what you want and that you don’t have to deal with resources you will never need.
As VPS Hosting lies in between the categories of Shared Hosting or Dedicated Hosting, here are a few of its implications:
- One major disadvantage as far as finances are concerned is that it is relatively expensive when compared to Shared Hosting.
- The features and resources are limited when compared to Dedicated Hosting.
- Due to over-selling, some providers offer VPS hosting but may not allocate the resources as promised, which further causes problems if a particular site starts utilizing their resources at peak levels. Hence it’s very important to opt for reliable VPS Hosting providers like us, to successfully run your website/business.
Our VPS Hosting plans feature CentOS, Redundant SAN Architecture and Add-on options like cPanel and Plesk. Our servers are protected by the most stringent and resilient security processes in the business. Advanced security systems are employed to protect your mission-critical operations! For more information visit our VPS Hosting page.
Do leave your thoughts in a comment below!
Reseller Hosting is great if you’re a web developer, designer or just looking to start your own hosting business.
Here’s an infographic with 7 great reasons why Reseller Hosting is a wise, profitable choice.
At ResellerBytes, you can get any reseller hosting plan at just $8.99 as part of our May Hosting Fever promotions!
Loved the infographic? Comment & tell us your thoughts!
By definition, web hosting is the business of providing storage space for websites. There are various types of hosting services namely, Dedicated, Shared, Colocated, Cloud Hosting and Reseller Hosting. This comprehensive infographic outlines the advantages and disadvantages of a few of them:
If you are a large business, dedicated hosting is the ideal service for you. This type of hosting is where the entire server is provided solely to you alone, not shared with anyone else. While it is expensive & requires a superior skill set, it has its many advantages like unlimited software support, strong database support & more.
At ResellerBytes, we’re offering Dedicated hosting starting at just $79 as part of our May Hosting Fever promotions! Get upto 50% off on Dedicated Hosting till the end of the month NOW!
Got questions for us? Please leave them in the comments below & we will get back to you!
Web design and development is a challenging business. With an increase in the number of websites and new businesses coming online in the last decade, a whole new window of opportunities has opened for you, one of them being reselling web hosting. The entry to this business is open and requires almost no cost and can be setup at home. If you already have a web design and development business running, selling web hosting to your clients can help spin off your reselling business. In this post, we’ll explore how you as a designer or developer can start a web hosting business offering much more to your customers by simply including a web service and thereby help you retain your market share as well as stay above your competition.
By offering web hosting as a service in addition to your web design or development business, you can tap clients from other cities and countries and set up multiple revenue streams. Offering web design, development, and hosting solutions all under one brand builds trust between you and your customer. It also reduces the hassle of looking for web services from various providers.
It’s a common myth that setting up your own web hosting business involves heavy expenditure and added labor. Time to debunk that. Reselling hosting is cheap and requires little or no investment. ResellerBytes provides a ready-to-use interface and 24×7 support that ensures there’s always someone for your needs. While web design and development remains your core service, you can additionally offer web hosting to your customers.
A Spin off to your web design and development business
People often think that the web hosting business is complex. What they don’t see is that setting up a reselling business is easy and the best part is, you don’t even require extensive technical knowledge. All you need to focus on is your customer and his requirements.
1) Upscale your business with an additional revenue stream
Offering web hosting with your web design and development business is an opportunity for a parallel stream of revenue. This does not require you to shift focus from your core business, but instead adds to it and enhances your customer’s experience.
2) Enter new target markets
Those looking for web design and development services will most likely look for hosting solutions which you can offer. This enables you to reach a wider target market. Entering new markets enables you to grow your clientele with people who are eagerly looking for web hosting services over and above the traditional services you offer.
3) Complement your web design and development business
In today’s challenging world, the customer is looking for convenience. By reselling hosting you bring more to the table, enhancing your customer’s’ experience. There is a window for you to up-sell hosting to him. Let your customer know that you cater to all his needs.
4) Build your own storefront
While you continue your web design and development business, you now have an opportunity to build a virtual storefront of products that your customer will need. You bring in the project and then show him your utility store that might add value to his business.
5) Increase customer trust and loyalty
Reselling web hosting will enable you to sell an array of hosting products like Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting and more that you can conveniently offer to your customer to fit every type of business. By meeting all his requirements, you’re enhancing his experience and also saving his time. This increases the likelihood of your customer returning to you as well as recommending your services to others.
Your aim as a web professional is to stay in the business and ahead of your competition by offering multiple web solutions to make your customers’ experience more seamless. By reselling web hosting products you not only have an edge over your competitors but also an entry into a new market. With the increasing number of products and services launched daily, this can help you future-proof your business. As the first step to this is signing up for a reseller hosting account. ResellerBytes offers great reseller hosting plans to suit your hosting business needs. Click here to know more.
Hope this post has assisted you in starting a web hosting business at home.
Remember the first time you wanted to host your Website? You went to the site, checked out the plans, and just when you understood how much Bandwidth and web Space you need (after a LOT of research and deliberation), you needed to decide one more thing – Windows or Linux?
Every Reseller I speak with, whether novice or experienced, always had a different take on why one should choose Windows over Linux and vice versa. Below is a low down on which is the ideal choice.
The answer lies in a very fundamental question–What do you want your site to do? What do you want to offer on your Website? If you’re new to hosting and your site is non-revenue generating, then Linux is the best solution overall for you because Linux hosting costs less. However, if you want an interactive Website with lots of features like members only area, e-commerce etc. then you might need to choose the server operating system as per the requirements. Interactive Websites usually rely on ASP, PHP, or Perl type languages. Hence, Windows would be a better option.
Security would be another issue. In this case, the UNIX-based servers have better security. Mainly because these operating systems have consistently been reliable while Windows is a big target for exploitation. However, for hosting, it is also important for the host to configure your site correctly and regularly update it. Speed wise both are equally good. The hardware, however, is a factor which depends on your host again. A Website designed to be hosted on a Linux based web server can be hosted on a Windows web server easily, where as the reverse is not always true. On the downside, Linux based web server is not fully compatible with Microsoft technologies. If you are using any specialized applications or features for development of your Website, it is preferable to host with a Windows-based web server.
In conclusion, neither of them is actually better than the other. Both Linux and Windows can provide secure, powerful and reliable hosting services. It’s only in the context of a particular Website that one of them could be better than the other.
Undecided about whether you should choose Windows or Linux for Reseller Hosting? This is quite a common confusion among those who aren’t very sure of the differences between the two platforms and their benefits. In a compact infographic, we’ve outlined the differences so you can make an informed choice to benefit your business.
Let us know if you’ve got any queries for us.